Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Keeping this fresh :D
General Support / Re: Windows 2008 Xen/HVM "Folder Access Denied" permission issue
« Last post by forexverified on May 08, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »
[[[[[ !!!!! FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED !!!!! ]]]]]]

It was my fault.  I'm a fanatic when it comes to optimizing a VPS to maximize resources so I can reduce the Windows overhead as much as absolutely possible.

So I have a list of about 10-15 Windows services that I automatically disable by default because they're not needed for my purposes (Forex platforms).  I disable these same services on every VPS I've ever used, including Windows XP / 2003 / 2008 and 2012, on a variety of virtualization technologies including Virtuozzo, Xen, ESX, and Hyper-V.

Well, it turns out that one of these services is needed on these SolarVPS's.  It's the "Application Experience" service.  It's supposed to be a service related to Windows checking software for compatibility but since I know all our software is compatible, I always disabled that service and never had an issue doing so.

So I re-enabled that service on my servers and sure enough, now I can delete files and update my software without any issues.   Crazy....!   I'm happy to have found a solution.

-Scott

Questions / Re: How to choose the best VPS for Forex trading
« Last post by forexverified on May 08, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
That article is WAY outdated.  Technology has significantly improved since then.  The SolarVPS system is fine for Forex trading.  I run between 10-15 MT4 platforms on the Windows VPS with 4 CPU cores.

-Scott
Questions / Re: What is a Public Cloud?
« Last post by wegerer on March 30, 2013, 09:40:48 PM »
Hey Guys,
You can read up more about the differences in one of our blog posts: http://www.dedicatednow.com/blog/clouducation-101/

-- Wayne
Solar VPS
Questions / Re: Differnece Between Cloud Hosting and VPS Hosting
« Last post by wegerer on March 30, 2013, 09:32:56 PM »
Hey Guys,
Some quick differences are:

Node High Availability - We have the ability to bring your VM up on any hypervisor in each location. This allows decreased amounts of downtime during any maintenance that need to be done on the hypervisor; as your VM can be lived migrated to a different node. If there is a hypervisor failure, we can bring up your VM elsewhere without waiting for the node to be repaired.

SAN Storage is used - Which prevents disk failures from causing slowness during drive rebuilds or even complete data lose. Also specialized caching that is done on the SAN, it helps speed up load times.

--
Wayne
Solar VPS
« Last post by wegerer on March 30, 2013, 09:25:41 PM »
Hello Nismo,
The article a little outdated, but there is two Xen technologies we use. HVM and PV . Windows uses HVM and we have a bunch of clients running forex software on our SolarSystem cloud without any issues. Feel free to reach out to our sales team for more details sales@solarvps.com.
VPS Products / Re: Windows 2008 DDS systems available!
« Last post by wegerer on March 30, 2013, 09:19:10 PM »
Hey Nismo,
This offer is no longer valid. We have since launched our Cloud VPS product : SolarSystem. If you have any questions about it, feel free to contact our sales team.

-- Wayne
Solar VPS
« Last post by Nismo on March 29, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »
Can I a SolarVPS rep please comment on the contents of this article. Specially the Xen section as this is what SolarVPS uses.

Xen: Xen is a free software virtual machine for IA-32, x86-64, IA-64 and PowerPC 970 architectures. On most CPUs, Xen uses a form of virtualization known as paravirtualization, meaning that the guest operating system must be modified to use a special hypercall ABI instead of certain architectural features. Intel has contributed modifications to Xen to support their VT-x (formerly Vanderpool) architecture extensions. Similarly AMD has contributed support for their AMD-V extensions. Because of the Kernel modifications need it to run this is not recommended for Forex Trading.

http://4xtrader.net/how-to-choose-the-best-vps-for-forex-trading/
VPS Products / Re: Windows 2008 DDS systems available!
« Last post by Nismo on March 29, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »
Hi Douglas,

When purchasing a Windows VPS do you automatically get the Comet DDS series or do you need to contact sales?

Cheers,
« Last post by Nismo on March 29, 2013, 10:24:29 PM »
We are often asked what is the best VPS platform for Forex trading.  Below is a link to an excellent article on this.  It is a very quick read.  Note that we offer OpenVZ, Virtuozzo and Microsoft Hyper-V.

http://4xtrader.net/how-to-choose-the-best-vps-for-forex-trading/

Have any questions?  Be sure to ask one of our Account Executives!

Good article. Do you work for SolarVPS? Or are you advertising you company? If so what is your company so I can see what your offerings are?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10