Solar VPS Blog
- 31% of companies breached in 2012 were small businesses
- 20% of the hacks were successful
- 60% of the companies successfully hacked were bankrupt within half a year.
- Privacy – Ideally a provider will encrypt your data, make it anonymous, and make your locations of remote access inaccessible.
- Integration – In the case of a hybrid solution, you can make use of integration with security tools you have in place for your other systems.
- Certification – If you have specific compliance concerns, check with your provider to make sure they are certified to meet your needs. Develop a system of metrics so you can analyze and track your cloud hosting environment. Consider the process required of your users to enter and leave the system.
- Access – Your system should have protections (of course) to guard against malicious intrusion. Specifically consider safeguards in place for your databases.
- Software – How does your platform keep your code from becoming corrupt? How are people vetted for managerial positions in which they might have greater access to your code? How do they test or model for security threats?
- Location – The country in which your provider is headquartered will affect the laws surrounding your data.
- Rights – Are you the owner of the data on your systems? Do you want to encrypt it, and do you have encryption keys that you want to use? Do you have a backup of the data? What is the process for purging the backup?
New Year’s Resolution:
From Jan 6th to Jan 11th, save 25% on all your Linux and Windows Cloud Hosting needs.
That’s right. One month, Three months, Six Months or a Full Year of Cloud Servers at 25% off. Resolve to Save Money in 2014. Use Case Sensitive Coupon Code: NYRSaver2014
Please Note: Promo only applies to the three, six, nine or full year package purchased. The promo does not extend any further.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Brad Leibowitz
Tel: (973) 572-1070 ext. 605
SOLAR VPS IS AN OFFICAL FEDORA MIRROR
Mirror Makes It Easier For Consumers To Download Urgent Fedora Updates
(The Hosting News) – On July 1, Solar VPS was named an official mirror for the Linux Operating System, Fedora. With the addition of Fedora to the Solar VPS auto populating mirror, anyone can now access the Solar VPS mirror website to download urgent and critical Fedora OS updates.
With the addition of Fedora to the Solar VPS mirror, the brands mirror page now contains mirrors for Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and the Linux kernel. In the future, Solar VPS will continue to add mirrors for more open source projects. The new Fedora mirror will allow Solar VPS clients and non-clients to visit the established site experience priority download speeds of all updates and scroll through a bevy of previous updates which might be critical to their OS operations.Continue
So for the week, Solar VPS is at Cloud Expo. While we are here, our COO and President Ross Brouse is giving two speeches on Cloud Adoption through consumerism and how the Cloud is making data more secure – not less (one of them is a KEYNOTE address). While we are here we are demoing the SolarSystem. While we are here, we are giving out killer CosmoCredits to win up to a year of free hosting on us. While we are here we are playing SolarSystem A.I. – a game designed to show how simple the SolarSystem is to use. And oh yeah, while we are here, we are giving away Nerf Guns.
So it’s real simple, come on by the booth (#218), hang out and learn about Solar VPS. We are creating buzz. We are creating fun. We are creating Cloud consumers. We are hosting beyond the Cloud.
A week from now, June 10th, Sys-Con’s Cloud Expo 2013 will kick off in NYC. The event, which is taking place in NYC’s Javits Center (655 W 34th St New York, NY), is a four day event featuring Cloud experts from all sectors of the IT industry, a variety of technical sessions, Cloud boot camps and the chance to win a bunch of cool booth giveaways like iPads, Google Nexus tablets, Nerf Guns…You know, all the cool gear us IT nerds love.
What to Expect From Solar VPS
Straight to the point: Solar VPS is a bronze sponsor of Cloud Expo NYC 2013. This means we will have a killer booth (#218) to meet and great the Cloud going public. However, more importantly, this means our COO and President, Ross Brouse, will be giving TWO technical sessions (June 10th, at 4:15 PM in room A107 and June 13th, at 4:20 – 5:05 PM in the main Keynote Room. Yes, Ross’s second speech will effectively end Cloud Expo NYC 2013!). His technical session, “The Cloud Under Your Nose: Adopting Cloud Solutions from the Couch to the Corporation” will cover how consumers are driving corporate Cloud adoption, how the BYOD movement is empowering employees everywhere and how the Cloud is making data more secure, not less.
So, how can you attend the show? How can you gain access to the full four day event, have access to 150 plus breakout sessions, all general sessions, Cloud Expo Power Panels, industry keynotes and the Cloud Expo show floor?
The answer is simple…follow these steps and you are in:
- Go to our special registration page
- Fill out the Attendee Information form
- Select the VIP Gold Pass Registration Option
- Enter the Discount Code: solarvpsVIPgold OR fortressitxVIPgold
- Abracadabra! The price will drop down from $2,000 to $0 – what’s not to like?
See, we told you, easy peasy. Now, register for the show. Enjoy the four days. Meet with Cloud vendors from all across the globe. Attend some awesome general and keynote sessions. Walk the show floor and stop by the Solar VPS booth, #218. We have some cool games for you to play, some awesome prizes for you to win (a years worth of free Cloud Hosting, some awesome Nerf Guns and an iPad Mini) and some awesome guys and gals for you to chat with. We promise, we don’t bite. So come on by, register for free and attend Cloud Expo 2013 on Solar VPS. It’s our treat.